Saturday, April 25, 2009

This sucks.

No, no, I mean this REALLY sucks.

I can't walk. I know that seems obvious to everyone else, but it's kind of a revelation for me. You know, when you've been healthy all your life, never been hospitalized, never had so much as a stitch or more than a band-aid... you don't see things the same way. I knew I broke my ankle, knew I'd be immobilized for the next week in this splint, but it didn't dawn on me really, fully, truly, that I can't walk and all that was going to entail. Oh, I got a taste of it when I was huffing and puffing trying to get to the table at the Mexican restaurant. Believe me it was hitting me like a ton of bricks then, but these past few days??? The realization that EVERY TIME I have to use the bathroom, I have to go through extreme drama to get there... and just ANYTHING I want to do is going to require maximum effort - that was kinda lost on me until I got home.

*sigh*

This sucks. A lot.

No comments: